In some cases patient's symptoms can be relieved simply by altering the external influences. Environmental factors can be helped by making simple changes for example avoidance of dehydrating environments such as air conditioning; if your job involves lots of computer work take regular breaks to rest your eyes. Protecting the eye from dehydrating influences such as a cold wind by wearing spectacles or sunglasses may also help.
Tears must be distributed efficiently, replaced or conserved in order to provide relief. As Dry Eye syndrome is caused by an imbalance of tears on the eye's surface the most logical way to treat the problem is to artificially replace the tears and by so doing improve both quantity and quality. Surprisingly, having a watery eye can actually be caused by a lack of tears. This results in dry patches which the eye tries to correct by a flood of watery tears. Sometimes too much tear flow just needs better lubrication; think of a car engine with water in it, it will be wet but will not be well lubricated. There are a variety of artificial tears available and you will be advised the best option for your particular problem and how to use your treatment.
In severe cases of Dry Eye punctum plugging is available, where tiny little plugs are put into the tear ducts to prevent the tears draining away.
Hyabak® - As natural as tears The best of both worlds: Sodium Hyaluronate and Preservative-free.
- Preservative Free
- Patient Friendly Bottle
- Extremely easy to administer drops
- Handy size to fit in any bag or pocket
- Suitable for regular use
- No wastage
- Can be used until the very last drop
- Can be used for up to 8 weeks after opening
- Suitable for all contact lens wearers
- Every drop provides a sufficient and precise dose
- Optimal water retention- acts as a sponge, retaining water and releasing it progressively
- 'Intelligent' drops that flow when you blink and retain a clear surface when your eye is still.
Thealoz® - A new approach to Dry Eye Management.
A new approach to Dry Eye Management
Thealoz® is a new concept in Dry Eye management that comes from nature. It has a novel mode of action which may enable trehalose to address different causes of dryness.
Trehalose - we learn from watching nature
Thealoz® contains trehalose - a unique natural disaccharide that is known to improve cell water management, avoid cell membrane lipid oxidation and protein denaturation and to preserve epithelial cell life in dry conditions.
Thealoz® works by protecting the cells of the cornea and conjunctiva and giving resistance to dryness.
- Thealoz® is a new concept in Dry Eye management
- Thealoz® comes from nature
- Thealoz® is recommended for moderate to severe Dry Eye
- Treatment of Dry Eye symptoms and eye fatigue
- Preservative-free, isotonic, and pH neutral
- Patient friendly
- As small as a single dose unit
- Easy to use as any bottle
- Adapted for frequent daily use and chronic treatment
- Contact lens compatible
- Well tolerated